We will use this for gym updates and changes due to the Covid 19 Virus.
CFCI and COVID FAQ
ARE YOU TAKING ADDITIONAL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS TO RESTRICT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19?
Yes. We have dedicated significant resources to ensure your safety and to help you feel at ease during uncertain times. This page is full of steps we’re taking to prioritize your safety.
IS CFCI A PART OF ANY OF THE ZIP CODES WITHIN THE ZONED SHUTDOWN?
Unfortunately, we fall under ZIP code 11223 – an active COVID hotspot.
HOW CAN I STAY UP TO DATE ON CLUSTER AREAS?
We will continue to send out emails to ensure you stay informed, as well as provide updates through our social media.
You may utilize the interactive map and table below, for further details.
COVID-19 Data by ZIP Code
The below map and table provide confirmed case rates, case counts, death rates, death counts, and the percent of people tested with a positive result since March. The number of reported confirmed cases per ZIP code of residence may be affected by that area’s population size, access to health care and access to testing. For example, an area with a low total case number but a high percent of positive cases could reflect more people with mild symptoms not getting tested.
ARE YOU STILL OFFERING CLASSES?
Yes, we are. However, classes are currently only being offered in the form of Outdoor classes; in line with the Department of Health’s COVID19 restrictions.
CAN I STILL JOIN A CLASS OR BECOME A MEMBER DURING COVID?
DO I NEED TO RESERVE A SPOT IN CLASS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes. Due to limited class capacity and strict enforcement of same, only athletes who reserve class via Wodify, will be permitted to join.
As you know, the world is being overwhelmed by the coronavirus, COVID-19.
While the hype is certainly real, the severity of this outbreak cannot be ignored.
Our #1 priority is your health. We are taking extra precautions at the gym to help keep you and your loved ones safe.
You must wash your hands upon entering and leaving the gym.
We are stocking up on extra wipes. Our culture is already very good about cleaning our equipment and we want to encourage you to continue to do so. If you want to be extra safe, wipe before as well.
We are adding to our routine cleaning schedule to include additional bathroom and main floor cleaning.
Our coaches will be helping make sure everything is wiped down, wiping down doors and other high traffic areas as well. Feel free to jump in and help them out!
If you are feeling unwell, or have any symptoms of illness, we advise you to stay home. The same goes for the kiddos.
Let’s continue to be diligent in our cleanliness not only for ourselves but for our entire gym family.
Check the CDC for the latest information.
Hey CrossFit Coney Island family,
We wanted to use this page to talk a little about health.
Whether the world is experiencing a global pandemic or not, your immune system is the first line of defense against any type of sickness.
A strong immune system plays a huge role in whether a person gets sick, how long sickness lasts, and sometimes, whether a person survives or not.
Let's run through a few points...
...to remind everyone what they can do to keep those immune systems fired up.
- Breath. Your breath is incredible and the most important tool for good health. It is your foundation. If you know nothing of breath work, you’ll find safety information HERE and a breathwork exercise HERE.
- Sleep. Sleep is a place for recovery. For the best sleep:
- Turn off screens and dampen the lighting in your home 2-3 hours before bed.
- Stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. Digestion is work. We don’t work while we sleep.
- Very light breath work as you are lying down to fall asleep
- Mushrooms. Reishi, Turkey Tail, and Agarikon mushrooms/supplements have been shown to have incredible effects on human immune systems.
- Nutrition. I’ll leave this one to Michael Pollan – “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”
- Water. Do it. Start every day with a cold shower, an ice bath, a cold water douse, etc. Trust me on this. And drink plenty of it. You’re made of it.
Please reach out with any questions, comments, concerns or ideas.